2022 Registry Platform¶
On 20 April 2021, InternetNZ announced a significant investment in its Internet infrastructure to renew the .nz registry platform.
After evaluating a number of different registry platform solutions, InternetNZ is partnering with the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) to customise and deploy its CIRA Registry Platform. The new .nz registry will be fully operational by late 2022.
In adopting this new platform, InternetNZ will deprecate its proprietary Shared Registry System protocol (SRS) and standardise on the globally adopted Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP).
- Registrar Communications
- High level Registy replacement plan
- Emails to Registrars
- 2021-11-24 .nz registry replacement technical newsletter
- 2021-11-18 .nz registrar technical forum, 10-11 September: meeting notes
- 2021-11-08 .nz registrar technical forum is this week
- 2021-10-11 .nz registry replacement technical newsletter
- 2021-10-04 .nz registrar technical forum, 29-30 September: meeting notes
- 2021-09-28 .nz registrar technical forum: reminder forum is this week
- 2021-09-24 .nz registrar technical forum: reminder forum is next week
- 2021-09-14 .nz registrar technical forum: meeting notes and future sessions in two time zones
- 2021-09-07 .nz registrar technical forum is on 9 September, see you online
- 2021-08-11 .nz registrar technical forum: meeting notes and portal demo recording
- 2021-08-02 Join .nz registrar technical forum is on 5 August for a Portal demo
- 2021-07-27 Next .nz registrar technical forum is on 5 August, Portal demo, hope to see you there!
- 2021-07-20 .nz registrar technical forum meeting notes - 2021-07-14
- 2021-07-13 .nz registrar technical forum last reminder
- 2021-07-07 .nz registrar technical forum reminder
- 2021-06-30 .nz registrar technical forum invite
- 2021-06-30 .nz registrar technical forum announcement
- Registrar Forum Notes
- Technical Changes from Legacy SRS to IRS
- Registry Concepts
- EPP interface
- Query Search (WHOIS/RDAP)
- API reference
- Early Access OTE
- Will reports be available for automated handling e.g. via SFTP (Secure File Access Protocol)?
- Will there be two OTE registrar IDs for testing?
- Can you elaborate more about the Reseller Name extension?
- Are contact handles brought over during domain transfer?
- Are linked hosts editable? If so won’t that affect all domains linked to that host? If you make a mistake editing IP, will that risk all associated domains?
- Do you plan to change the current drop catch process and do you have a dedicated dropzone?
- Is the domain necessarily renewed on transfer?
- Will a transfer without a renewal be charged?
- The TBR server would be impractical if registrars could not connect to the system all the time. This creates a problem for monitoring. Can we allow connection all the time and transactions (like create) during the drop hour?
- EPP Protocol
If you need any help please contact email@example.com